Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Password

flakeybird
Aspirant

Password

Hi,

My husband setup the Orbi wifi network and now we have switched to Virgin as a broadband provider and need to change the channel. Unfortunately he has forgotten the password.  Please can someone advise how I may reset the system.

Many thanks in advance

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
flakeybird
Aspirant

Thank you for your replies... I have started from scratch and still am not able to log in with the factory admin and password. I unplugged the modem cable, pressed reset until blinking orange on both the main and satellite. Turned off the modem, in plugged it the. Reinstalled the Orbi with the Orbi app... tried to log in and says that the log in is incorrect? Argh! HELP!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
kochin
Apprentice

I just recently reset my Orbi RBR50 and its 2 satellites. What I did was using a paper clip to push into the little hole in the back of the devices and hold there until the green light turned amber and started blinking. I did it first on the router and then 2 satellites. That should put them back to factory states, and you can set them up afresh.

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch as suggested. Besure to walk thru the setup wizard and this time, write down all important information for safe keeping. 

@flakeybird wrote:

Hi,

My husband setup the Orbi wifi network and now we have switched to Virgin as a broadband provider and need to change the channel. Unfortunately he has forgotten the password.  Please can someone advise how I may reset the system.

Many thanks in advance

Message 3 of 6
flakeybird
Aspirant

Thank you for your replies... I have started from scratch and still am not able to log in with the factory admin and password. I unplugged the modem cable, pressed reset until blinking orange on both the main and satellite. Turned off the modem, in plugged it the. Reinstalled the Orbi with the Orbi app... tried to log in and says that the log in is incorrect? Argh! HELP!
Message 4 of 6
flakeybird
Aspirant

Please ignore... I did the process again but I left the power to the modem and the orbi's off for 10 minutes. I all worked a dream after that! Thank you for both your replies!!!

Message 5 of 6
kochin
Apprentice

@flakeybird"Don't turn off the device." is an important step which I forgot to mention. Robot Embarassed I'm glad that it all worked out for you.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7