Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Password

GaryVerholtz
Aspirant

Password

After spending several hours trying to connected my satellites to my router and decided that I need to do a firmware update on my satellite to have them connect to the router. So after playing for hours now I came to another problem that has me so upset that I think it is time to find a company that supports you better than this, Because when I installed the router and signed up on the app was asked to give a new password. Which I did and now when trying to get access to the firmware was asked for my password. So after admin I typed in my password and got a message that it was wrong. Okay tried it several times same thing wrong password. So then go through the process of changing the password which I did and then go back to trying to do the firmware update and again it asks for my password. So I enter the new password and get the message again wrong password. So I tried the old password and still wrong password. So tell me why is it so hard for netgear to have someone that can speak english with out a foreign accent. Then if you call want to charge you for netgear issue. 

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Password

I recommend doing the following with a wired PC and web broswer to set up the admin PW and configuration when this happens:

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in for 15 seconds then let go. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate on top of the RBR, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7