Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Physical Lock for Orbi (CBK40)

IlliniInDG
Follower

Physical Lock for Orbi (CBK40)

All - I’m considered putting the CBK 40 bundle in a rental property that I own, does anyone have any experience physically locking the modem and satellite to something in the house so that it can’t be stolen? Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Physical Lock for Orbi (CBK40)

I don't have any experience locking them but you could always give them the option of a deposit on it or they provide their own modem/router setup. 

You could try a lock box type setup for it but I'd be concerned with it not ventilating properly and the device overheating. 

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

This is a real puzzle. Most of my short term rentals have had WiFi and the routers were simply in the house.  There is usually a damage deposit, but I agree it would be a major hassle if someone walked off with a $300 Orbi rather than a $50 generic WiFi router.

There is usually a locked closet where the owners keep "personal stuff" for when they use the property themselves, but closets typically lack electrical outlets.

Are there user forums for the major property systems (Vacation Rental by Owner, Home to Go, Air BnB) where participants discuss issues such as this?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

No, the CBK40 doesn't have any kind of lock that you can attached to keep it from being stolen. You might want to find a closet to put it in and put a lock on this closet or door to the closet. Put the RBS up in a attic space to make the satellite less accessible as an idea. 

@IlliniInDG wrote:
All - I’m considered putting the CBK 40 bundle in a rental property that I own, does anyone have any experience physically locking the modem and satellite to something in the house so that it can’t be stolen? Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7