Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ping Loss, Packet Loss on RBR750

Ping Loss, Packet Loss on RBR750

Hi everyone

I have 1 RBR750 and 1 RBS750 installed in my house. The internet works fine in everyroom except the room the router is in.

Using the Net Analyzer App and pinging my gateway IP, I see that my device often loses its ping with the router even though it is 10 feet away from me.

Slight adjustments in the device (im talking just rasing the phone up or down) will either grab hold of the connection, or drop it. The wifi shows it is connected but im losing a lot of ping. 

It was way worse before I adjusted the channels of 2.4 and 5 ghz to 6 and 40 respectively. But I am still losing ping in the room the router is in. In every other room where you're connected to the Orbi Router works fine. Its just the room the router is in where you have high packet loss and high ping values of 500+ms. 

The ping would hold in one spot but if i move 1 foot it completely drops. Any ideas why? 

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Ping Loss, Packet Loss on RBR750

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7