Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Placement and Signal Strenght

Orettes
Aspirant

Placement and Signal Strenght

What is the best placement up high or at counter top level? Also what is the aerage signal strenght. The DR WiFi app is showing-46 to -56/dBm in the light green area. You would think being right next to the satelitte or the base router it would be higher. Any thoughts?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
tucsontico
Virtuoso

Placing your ORBI higher is normally better. I have my router on top of a cabinet about 7 feet off the floor. I also have my satellite on top of a cabinet about 6 feet off the floor. The signal strength you're getting seems about right. I get similar numbers (-48 to -53 dBM) sitting 4 feet away from my router.

Message 2 of 4
Orettes
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. My base Orbi is up high. But i am trying to figure out the best placement for the satellite - currebtly on a night stand. Part of the issue is location and access to outlet
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I have my orbi at one end of the house and 1 Satellite at the opposite end. There is about 40 Feet disatance between them. Good signal, coverage, range and performance. I presume 40-50feet maybe a good general range for placement of remote satellites from the main router...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7