Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Planning to install Obri RBK 50 for a boutique hotel in India - 20 rooms (2200 Sq ft each floor)

sharangaba
Aspirant

Planning to install Obri RBK 50 for a boutique hotel in India - 20 rooms (2200 Sq ft each floor)

Looking to install Orbi/orbi Pro for my hotel in india - hotel has 20 rooms (Spread across 3 floors) total area being 2200 sq ft for each floor

Floor 1 - 6 Rooms (150-200 sq ft each room) 

Floor 2 - 7 Rooms (150-220 sq ft each room)

Floor 3 - 7 Rooms (150-220 sq ft each room)

Would the Orbi RBK 50 cover the entire property along with the satellite of course?

Its a bomb I would be spending so I want to be very sure, of course. 

It would be mainly for the guests after all. Everyone wants seamless internet in today's date.

So needed your views.

TIA!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Planning to install Obri RBK 50 for a boutique hotel in India - 20 rooms (2200 Sq ft each floor)

You may want to look at orbi pro which is built for small business use.

http://www.netgear.com/orbi-pro/

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
sharangaba
Aspirant

Re: Planning to install Obri RBK 50 for a boutique hotel in India - 20 rooms (2200 Sq ft each floor)

Yes, unfortunately it hasn’t launched in India yet. Had enquired about this model initially with Netgear officials in India.
Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 6
st_shaw
Master

Do you have Ethernet wiring in place already?

Message 4 of 6
sharangaba
Aspirant

Yes, I believe so. I already have an existing system with outdated routers and often I’ve had guests complain the wifi isn’t good enough. Since wifi is of prime importance in a business like this today I want to buy something that is future proof and serves the purpose for a longer period without having to change it soon again. The only issue is it’s costly and I wanna be double sure before I buy it because it quite frankly costs a bomb. So, just wanna be sure if it’s a go or a no go based on opinions here..
Message 5 of 6
st_shaw
Master

I doubt anyone is going to say it will work for sure, because performance will depend upon your environment and construction materials, and these are unique to you.

My opinion on the matter is I would be concerned about the ability of the Orbi to penetrate the walls and floors.  You cannot effectively run more than one Orbi router either, due to RF spectrum usage. I believe Netgear recommends no more than three satellites, so you cannot expand very much if needed.

If it were my hotel, and I already Ethernet wiring in place, and performance were critical, then I would go with a number of wired access points plus a separate router.  This would allow you to add as many APs as you needed, adjust channels and RF power, and make other adjustments as needed to get good solid coverage.  Orbi provides very few parameters for adjustment.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7