Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Please Help! Can not login to Orbi Satellite anymore!

Brads515
Guide

Please Help! Can not login to Orbi Satellite anymore!

Hi all... Need some help and have no idea what is happening here...

I can no longer login to my Orbit Satellite, but I can login to the router....my default password no longer works and I have reset the unit with a pin in the back and it still won't allow me to access the router through 192.168.1.xx - anyone else experiencing this and what can I do?

The satellite is online and connected but I am totally locked out of logging into it out of nowhere.

Thank you in advance for the help!!
Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Whats the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem? Built in router here by chance?

How are you connected to the Orbi router? Recommend wired LAN cable to the back of the router. Besure your not connected to any other router.

What IP address is your PC getting from the router?

What broswer are you using?

Message 2 of 4
Brads515
Guide

Thanks! My modem is an Arris  TM804 -- not connected to anything else (another router, etc) -- the Orbi is the only router I have in my house.

The IP Address I am getting for the satellite is 192.168.1.14 -- using Google Chrome but tried Edge as well and same thing  - can not log into the Satellite anymore!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Has the satellite been power cycled? Try turning it OFF for 30 seconds then back on. Make sure it re-connects to the router and the top led turns on BLUE. Check on the router to see if the IP address changed.

If this fails, try a factory reset on the satellite then re-add it. Set up a IP address reservation for the satellite ON the router to prevent the IP address from chaning.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7