Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Please add auto time on/off settings

pberb
Tutor

Please add auto time on/off settings

Please update your orbi mess router software to allow it to turn on and off at user specified times of the days of the week. I'd like my wifi to automatically turn off at night when I'm sleeping, and turn on just before I awake.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
vajim
Master

Re: Please add auto time on/off settings

Message 2 of 6
pberb
Tutor

I see others asking for the same setting at that link, but no answers from Netlink software developers. Do they respond to these questions?
Message 3 of 6
vajim
Master

@pberb wrote:
I see others asking for the same setting at that link, but no answers from Netlink software developers. Do they respond to these questions?

Not sure about their actual involvement or responses.

You may want to contact one of our moderators listed below.

Good luck!

@Blanca_O 

Message 4 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@pberb wrote:
Please update your orbi mess router software to allow it to turn on and off at user specified times of the days of the week. I'd like my wifi to automatically turn off at night when I'm sleeping, and turn on just before I awake.

People have requested that feature and Netgear appears not to be interested. If anything, the world is going exactly the opposite direction: WiFi constantly available to the myriad of "Internet of Things" devices. I have an alarm system, security cameras, thermostat, etc. that all depend on WiFi to function, 24/7.

What can be done is put the Orbi on a timer that will cut the power and restore it on a schedule. Personally, I would use "Smart Plugs", but mechanical timers would work.

Message 5 of 6
pberb
Tutor

Yes, that's what I did (bought 3 digital timers), but that really shouldn't be necessary when that option could easily be programmed into the router like so many others have.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7