Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Port Forward Orbi and DM200 to HIK Vision CCTV Not Working

MAN45
Follower

Port Forward Orbi and DM200 to HIK Vision CCTV Not Working

Please help.

Recently changed my Plusnet (UK ISP provided) modem/router for a Netgear DM200 modem (modem only mode) and Orbi 50 mesh system. Everthing works well except I cannot get the port forwarding to work. I've been on the phone to Netgear and CCTV people and the Orbi port forwarding has been set up as normal in the advance section, however the ports do not appear open when I talk to the CCTV Tech guys. On my IVMS-4500 app I can see the system whilst on my home network, but not cannot view remotely. Originally tried it with the DM200 on the default modem and router setting but that did not work either. I have reset the systems many times but to no avail, spent 90min on netgear helpline but they weren't great to be honest. 

The system worked fine on the free ISP plusnet router and having logged onto the HikVision system the ports havent changed and are the ones I am trying to port forward. 

What am I doing wrong please. I am not a technical expert so lost with some of the answers given in forums. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Port Forward Orbi and DM200 to HIK Vision CCTV Not Working

Modem Combo Units:
This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

I would try option #2 first, if that doesn't help, configure Orbi for #3...

@MAN45 wrote:

Please help.

Recently changed my Plusnet (UK ISP provided) modem/router for a Netgear DM200 modem (modem only mode) and Orbi 50 mesh system. Everthing works well except I cannot get the port forwarding to work. I've been on the phone to Netgear and CCTV people and the Orbi port forwarding has been set up as normal in the advance section, however the ports do not appear open when I talk to the CCTV Tech guys. On my IVMS-4500 app I can see the system whilst on my home network, but not cannot view remotely. Originally tried it with the DM200 on the default modem and router setting but that did not work either. I have reset the systems many times but to no avail, spent 90min on netgear helpline but they weren't great to be honest. 

The system worked fine on the free ISP plusnet router and having logged onto the HikVision system the ports havent changed and are the ones I am trying to port forward. 

What am I doing wrong please. I am not a technical expert so lost with some of the answers given in forums. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7