Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Port Forwarding for Cameras behind ATT Router in IP Passthru

Trojan81
Aspirant

Port Forwarding for Cameras behind ATT Router in IP Passthru

Hi Everyone,

So I have ATT Fiber service using the Pace 5268AC modem in passthru mode (this modem is not capable of bridge mode) plugged into my orbi system. The Orbi is in DMZ  from the ATT router and my home runs everything thru the ORBI. The ORBI is also in Router mode distributing IPs to all devices. My camera system requires port 80 and 6036 to be open in order to remotely monitor my Outdoor cameras. I have done everything required in the port forwarding settings to accomplish this, but those ports will not open and I cant access my cameras remotely. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: Port Forwarding for Cameras behind ATT Router in IP Passthru

What port forwardings do you have setup?  You should be able to port forward 80 and 6036 on the Orbi to the camera's Orbi-assigned IP as normal, also port forward 80 and 6036 on the ATT router to the Orbi's ATT-assigned IP address.  Then from the outside port 80 and 6036 should go to your camera.

Message 2 of 6
Trojan81
Aspirant

Thanks for response. How do I forward the ATT router to the Orbi?

Attached are the Orbi settings

Message 3 of 6
Trojan81
Aspirant

Because the Orbi is in DMZ, I cant forward anything else I dont think. Or I am not sure what to forward. The devices attached are Uverse TVs, nothing else is on that network. 

Message 4 of 6
st_shaw
Master

You could remove Orbi from the DMZ and switch Orbi to AP mode.  Then manage forwarding from the ATT router.

Message 5 of 6
waynealight
Apprentice

so i have done this before on both routers. so just to cover the bases, you have the att router in passthough for the orbi and on the orbi the ip address is a WAN address and not a LAN address assigned by the att router? this is a major part of it working.

then on the orbi you have to set dmz to the camera system, then set a ftp port forwarding rule through the entire range of the ports you are needing to forward.  

do you have ddns setup on the camera system and verified its working?

also you need upnp enabled on the orbi and camera system.

on the upnp tab in orbi you should the camera system show up and the ports that it is using.

the att router doesnt support upnp so it has to go through the orbi.  

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7