Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Portforward not working

Guldhammeren
Aspirant

Portforward not working

I have set up portforwarding, but when i check whit open port check online, its shown as closed ?

All port are shown as closed, eks,  21 80, and my new one 40000.

I have fiber internet, and use my Orbi as router,

I have talked whit my internet supporter today, and they say that it in my place theres something wrong ?

HELP

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Portforward not working

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

To accrately check the port status, you have to be activly using the ports prior to testing the status. 

Be sure uPnP is disabled on the RBR as well if you have PF configurations enabled.

Message 2 of 5
Guldhammeren
Aspirant

Firmware V2.5.1.16

Connected to fiber/router thats in Bridge mode, and use ORBI as router.

Have tryed to check/ uncheck UPnP.

The only port thas open, are the one for remotecontrol of the router.

No else port are open ?

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

It's up to the client app or a device to be actively using the port to check port status. If the port is not being used actively, then the port will be closed and report as such. Just be cause you set the port configuration on the router doesn't mean the port will be opened. Only when a app or device accesses the port will the port status change. 

Message 4 of 5
Mikey94025
Hero

How are you checking that the port is open?  What purpose is the open port used for?  What device is opening the port, e.g., is it a Windows host and therefore you need to disable the firewall and make that connection "private"?

I like to use https://canyouseeme.org/ to check that the port is open.  The Your IP displayed should also match the Internet Port IP Address displayed in the Advanced tab of http://orbilogin.com/

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7