Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Possible interference troubleshooting

seany187
Star

Possible interference troubleshooting

Hello,

I am having bluetooth interference issues with my XBOX One S Wireless Bluetooth Controller and my laptop. I am being informed that this is most lilkely due to interference with my router and I should change my band from 20mhz to 40mhz. I don't see the option, how can I reduce bluetooth interference?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

@seany187 wrote:

Hello,

I am having bluetooth interference issues with my XBOX One S Wireless Bluetooth Controller and my laptop. I am being informed that this is most lilkely due to interference with my router and I should change my band from 20mhz to 40mhz. I don't see the option, how can I reduce bluetooth interference?

hi

i dont know who has recommended you go to 40mhz but its backwards in theory and reality , if you are having issue you minimize the wifi channel bandwidth not maximize it

so in the gui go to

advanced / setup / wireless setup

set the 2.4GHz Channel: to ether ch 1 , 6 or 11 and test

this should move you away from the bluetooth interference

btw how far is the orbi from the bluetooth ?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

@seany187 wrote:

Hello,

hi

i dont know who has recommended you go to 40mhz but its backwards in theory and reality , if you are having issue you minimize the wifi channel bandwidth not maximize it

so in the gui go to

advanced / setup / wireless setup

set the 2.4GHz Channel: to ether ch 1 , 6 or 11 and test

this should move you away from the bluetooth interference

btw how far is the orbi from the bluetooth ?

Message 2 of 3
Yupin
Aspirant

Tanks. Channel to 11 and I work perfectly
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements