Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Power Cycling DAILY Orbi RBK 40 Drops connection sometimes multiple times per day

PriscTofte
Aspirant

Power Cycling DAILY Orbi RBK 40 Drops connection sometimes multiple times per day

Someone, please tell me how the Orbi made it to market?  This is THE SINGLE WORST PURCHASE OF MY LIFE!  I don't have the extra time it takes to babysit this thing.  Powercycling daily, lost connections multiple times per day. HOURS on the phone with support - all to do it again the next day. This system is advettised as the answer to my prayers, but sadly it's anythong but.  It is past the time I can return this dud of a product and a very expensive mistake. UNACCEPTABLE ! NETGEAR, look at all of hte dissatisfied people here, make it right and ship us routers that work. RBR 40 and RBS 40.

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Power Cycling DAILY Orbi RBK 40 Drops connection sometimes multiple times per day

Hello PriscTofte

Did you try to factory reset the unit after upgrading to the latest firmware? also do you have Mumimo and beamforming enabled?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
PriscTofte
Aspirant

Re: Power Cycling DAILY Orbi RBK 40 Drops connection sometimes multiple times per day

I did power cylce after updating the firmware, but have no idea what Mumio and Beam Forming are?  In the Advanced tab?  

Message 3 of 4
jjbanks
Guide

Yes in  the Advanced tab.  Then Advanced Settings.  Then Wireless.

The two check boxes are at the bottom of the page.

Let us know if it works for you as it did not for me.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7