Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Power Supply

JCyr
Aspirant

Power Supply

My new rescue pup got to the power supply for the satelite unit and destroyed the power adaptor.  Neither Best Buy, nor the Netgear website, has been helpful in guiding me towards a correct replacement.  Does anyone out there have any suggestions?  Thanks much!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Try contact NG support to see if you can buy another thru them. Or try Amazon or eBay. 

Just needs to be same voltage and amp as seen on the power supplies sticker.

Message 2 of 7
JCyr
Aspirant

Thanks for your response.  I did call NG support.  70+ minutes later, part of which involved the rep telling me I would need to purchase a whole new satelite unit RBS50 in order to get a new power supply ?!?!, he finally set me up to have a new one sent to my house.  However, the email I received, that needs my input to complete the order, has incorrectly working links to give my input.  So not sure if I will ever see one sent by NG.  You would think they would make it rather easy for their customers to purchase a replacement part??

Nonetheless, if one doesn't show up, I will follow your advice, and try a third party replacement with the same specs.  Thanks again!

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

its a known issue for the links to not work by clicking them. try to copy and paste them into a web browser see if that works if not let me know I will escalate the issue.

DarrenM 

Message 5 of 7
JCyr
Aspirant

I have tried copy/paste and that has also not worked--either on Mac or PC.  Last night, I received an email titled Your RMA Confirmation

Do I need to mail in the old charger before the new one will be shipped?  The link on the RMA confirmation email for checking status also did not work?  Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Message 6 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Yes If you can mail in the old one and PM me your case number and RMA number and I will tell support you can not access the links.

DarrenM

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7