Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Power consumption RBK13

postbantania
Aspirant

Power consumption RBK13

What is the power consumption of the Netgear Orbi RBK13 in operating and in idle mode ?

It’s not mentioned in the manual.

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

There isn't a idle mode with Orbi. There either ON or OFF. 

Message 2 of 9
postbantania
Aspirant

What is the power consumption in ON mode ?

Message 3 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

The RBK13 consists of three components, (1) RBR10 router and (2) RBS10 satellites.  Each is powered by a 12v, 1Amp power supply.

https://www.netgear.com/orbi/rbk13.aspx The "actual" power consumption is most likely a lot less.

Since Watts = Amps x Volts, this would be a maximum of 12 watts.  i.e. a little more than an old fashioned night light (times three).

Message 4 of 9
ekhalil
Master

I could not find published data yet for power consumption, but please check the following: https://kb.netgear.com/31141/How-much-power-does-my-Orbi-system-use

I guess that the RBR10 Router will have power consuption something in between RBW30 and RBR50, and similarly for the RBS10 Satellite.

Message 5 of 9
postbantania
Aspirant

Very annoying this power data is not in the manual

Message 6 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

Maybe I am missing something.  I have never seen "actual" power consumption listed for any product.  Generally, all the consumer knows is what is on the product label, in this case "1 amp @ 12 volts = 12 watts".  It cannot possibly, ever, draw more than that.

About seven years ago, I purchased a Kill a Watt Electrical Usage Monitor .  They sell for about $21 on Amazon, and there is an "International" version.  (It's in a box somewhere in the garage.)  It was fun to go around the house plugging things into it to see how much current they draw.

Message 7 of 9
postbantania
Aspirant

12W is about 100kWh/year, that’s a lot. 

Message 8 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

Yes, at 13.31 cents/kwh, it will cost about $14/year to run one of these if it uses the full 1A @ 12v.  (My guess is that a 1A power supply is one of the least costly to include with the package.)  

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7