Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Powerline Satellite Magenta

dagiam
Aspirant

Powerline Satellite Magenta

hi guys, i have a Netgear RBK40 + Netgear RBS40.

everithing works fine until i try to add a powerline to the system.

when i plug a powerline to the satellite with the lan cable it works for 1 minute (more or less), i have connection.

after this minute, the satellite gets the magenta solid state color. connection lost and i have to disconnect the powerline from the satellite.

i did it for 5 times. it seems like the system doesn't allow me to add a powerline

can u help me?

thanks!

davide

Message 1 of 12
vajim
Master

Message 2 of 12
dagiam
Aspirant

i had already seen this..

i need to understand why it is unable to obtain an IP address from your router or unable to your router after i plug the powerline..

Message 3 of 12
vajim
Master

magenta means your device is too FAR away

Message 4 of 12
dagiam
Aspirant

no, "Solid magenta. If your Orbi satellite ring is solid magenta, it is unable to obtain an IP address from your router or unable to your router."

this is why become magenta

Message 5 of 12
vajim
Master

@dagiam wrote:

no, "Solid magenta. If your Orbi satellite ring is solid magenta, it is unable to obtain an IP address from your router or unable to your router."

this is why become magenta

YES

why not just move it closer and prove me wrong that its something else?  

Message 6 of 12
dagiam
Aspirant

i did it. but i doesn't depend from how far or close it is.

it happens only when i plug the powerline

Message 7 of 12
vajim
Master

@dagiam wrote:

i did it. but i doesn't depend from how far or close it is.

it happens only when i plug the powerline

might be dead....how old is it?  Still under warranty?

Message 8 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

You need to make sure the PL adapters are on the same IP address network as the RBR and RBS. Make sure the PL are working fully. These could be faulty. 

Check the RBS with a LAN patch cable between the RBR while near or in the same room as the RBR to check the status. Should say wired.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

@dagiam wrote:

hi guys, i have a Netgear RBK40 + Netgear RBS40.

everithing works fine until i try to add a powerline to the system.

when i plug a powerline to the satellite with the lan cable it works for 1 minute (more or less), i have connection.

after this minute, the satellite gets the magenta solid state color. connection lost and i have to disconnect the powerline from the satellite.

i did it for 5 times. it seems like the system doesn't allow me to add a powerline

can u help me?

thanks!

davide

Message 9 of 12
vajim
Master

Message 10 of 12
dagiam
Aspirant

ciao and thanks 🙂

last firmware. updated 3 days ago.

PL are old but they work. 

i have the ORBI from more than 2 years. never had a problem. satellites are tin the same position as usual. so the distance is ok.

thanks!!

Message 11 of 12
CrimpOn
Guru

@dagiam wrote:

I use Powerline to connect two Tivo units to my RBR50 router, specifically the TP-Link PA9020.  Connected like this:

RBR50

to

8 port switch

to

Powerline

to

electric circuit----------------------------------------------------------------

to               to

Tivo             Tivo

Works fine.  The Orbi has no idea there is a Powerline unit.  All it sees is ethernet.

I have never connected Powerline to an Orbi satellite, but cannot imagine it would be any different.

Do you sync the Powerline units before connecting to the Orbi?

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7