Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Pre Purchase Question

tripodtim
Follower

Pre Purchase Question

HI, I am looking at getting a system to give coverage to a two story house. It is 13m wide and 25m long (325sqm in total).

Will a RBK40 give as much coverage as a RBK23 as the RBK23 has two satellites? Thanks

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I would check the specs of the models you asking about to see:

https://www.netgear.com/orbi/systems.aspx

I have a 5000sqft home and use the CBK40 with just 1 satellite at the opposite end, 40 feet in between. Great coverage, range and performance. 

Message 2 of 4
shanna
Tutor

I would stay away from the Orbi's. Mine worked fine for a few months and then it automatically updated its firmware and it has been a nighmare of disconnecting devices constantly. It is useless to me at this point and I am looking to buy another router. Waste of money. Check these boards for folks with the same issues. Many people.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Why don't you make a new post with what your having problems with and maybe we can help you figure out whats going on.

@shanna wrote:

I would stay away from the Orbi's. Mine worked fine for a few months and then it automatically updated its firmware and it has been a nighmare of disconnecting devices constantly. It is useless to me at this point and I am looking to buy another router. Waste of money. Check these boards for folks with the same issues. Many people.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7