Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Pre Purchase Questions

Forthay
Tutor

Pre Purchase Questions

Hi Folks,

I new to the forum so treat me gently!

Ive asked the same question on the pro forum as I’m trying to get the right solution.

I've been running a 6 disc BT Whole Home successfully for about a year. The latest firmware update has broken the system beyond repair for now. I'm looking for a replacement and although the Pro is for small business I think it might be a solution for my needs but I wanted to check some items I'm looking for are there when in AP mode

- through the Orbi UI you can see the list of clients connected to the Orbi

- clients connected to the upstream modem/router e.g. nas drive can be seen by devices connected via the orbi? 
Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
tsig
Luminary

Re: Pre Purchase Questions

I have mine in AP mode.  The Orbi app can see everything on the network, plugged into the Orbi or not.  My pc is plugged into my ISP's supplied router and I see it on the Orbi app.  I can see the other devices on the network from my pc, and the devices on the orbi can see the pc.

Message 2 of 7
Forthay
Tutor

Thanks, which Orbi model do you have?

Message 3 of 7
Ulairi
Luminary

Not only the Orbi App, but also the Admin pages (via a browser on a connected device) show the devices connected and whether to the router or a satellite.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 4 of 7
tsig
Luminary

RBR50 and RBS50

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

RBR40 and 1xRBS20 wired back haul. 5000sq ft home. 

Message 6 of 7
Ulairi
Luminary

@Forthay wrote:

- clients connected to the upstream modem/router e.g. nas drive can be seen by devices connected via the orbi? 

I have a Synology NAS connected to my RBR50 router.  I just did some checking with a laptop connected via Ethernet cable to my RBS50 Satellite and I was able to map the NAS as a network drive and and access all the files. 

My satellite is backhaul connected via WiFi and we're on a plan with 200 Mbps downlaod speed, and I'm getting 95Mbps on that laptop (i.e. over the WiFi backhaul channel). 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7