Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Precipitous drop in range

DrDakine
Follower

Precipitous drop in range

I have an Orby rbr50 two station system set up a couple years ago. We have a two-story frame house 2700 ft.² plus yards. It has worked extremely well for us until just recently. The range has suddenly gone down precipitously. I have unplugged each unit with the hopes that this would reset or help. It has not. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
vajim
Master

Re: Precipitous drop in range

firmware?

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Precipitous drop in range

@DrDakine wrote:

I have an Orby rbr50 two station system set up a couple years ago. We have a two-story frame house 2700 ft.² plus yards. It has worked extremely well for us until just recently. The range has suddenly gone down precipitously.

It would be helpful to learn how this change in "range" is observed.  Users with Android or Windows products have an edge in documenting network conditions because those platforms allow applications access to numerical data, rather than those annoying "bars" or statments such as "Good", "Excellent", etc.

It is also useful to know if "anything changed".  (anything)  Changing the placement of Orbi units. New neighbor WiFi systems showing up. And, of course, changing firmware on the Orbis.  (So many posts begin with, "I updated my Orbi firmware and now...<something awful>" that it's almost a knee jerk reaction to inquire about firmware.)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7