Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Printer Won't Connect to Network - duplicate IP address error on printer panel

GuyToronto
Follower

Printer Won't Connect to Network - duplicate IP address error on printer panel

I have an HP printer connected by wifi to my Orbi network. We use Apple macs. Regularly things don't print - and when checking the printer panel, I see 'Duplicate IP address' on the printer panel. This sometimes (but not always) goes away after a minute or two - and then things start to print. I have now assigned a static IP address to the printer and even tried reserving this address on the Orbi system, but the problem continues. I am trying to understand what would trigger the duplicate IP call. Could it be the Orbi sattelite and Router making a simultaneous call? Is it something completely different? Any ideas for a solution?

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Printer Won't Connect to Network - duplicate IP address error on printer panel

Be sure to set a IP address range on the Orbi router. Mines set for 192.168.#.100 to .200. 

Go in to your printers networking settings and set a Static IP address ON the printer thats out side of the routers IP address pool range. i.e. 192.168.0.20 or use first or last two digits of printers model # for the last to or two numbers in the Static IP address ON the printer. This will help avoid any conflcts of IP addresses and you'll always know the IP address of the printer. You can also use this IP address to access the printers web page if it has this feature as well. 

I would set up IP address Reservations ON the router for all other devices. 

@GuyTorontowrote:

I have an HP printer connected by wifi to my Orbi network. We use Apple macs. Regularly things don't print - and when checking the printer panel, I see 'Duplicate IP address' on the printer panel. This sometimes (but not always) goes away after a minute or two - and then things start to print. I have now assigned a static IP address to the printer and even tried reserving this address on the Orbi system, but the problem continues. I am trying to understand what would trigger the duplicate IP call. Could it be the Orbi sattelite and Router making a simultaneous call? Is it something completely different? Any ideas for a solution?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7