Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem logging into to Orbi on every device

DeeKell
Follower

Problem logging into to Orbi on every device

Hi all,

hoping someone could help please.

I purchased an RBK50 +1 satellite about a month ago, to replace a Nighthawk x6 router that seemed to be faulty. Setup went fairly smoothly, though the Orbi app did not complete the setup process. After various issues with the network continually dropping, I found another satellite to replace the really old Netgear D6300 I was still using for my work PC (that has no network adaptor). After a small installation hiccup, I got that integrated with the router on October 16th.

My problem is that I can't login to the Orbi on any device I have: being a Galaxy s6, a Galaxy s4, an iPad (2-3 years old, don't know the model), or my win10 HP laptop. My s6 is currently connected to the Orbi WiFi, but when I run the app all I get is "try again" and "switch WiFi networks". At one point I got the message that I was connected to the Orbi network but that I needed to go into Settings and change it to connect to said network... (facepalm). The app has never worked properly, right from the beginning - I've tried reinstalling it, I've tried it as stated on the 4 devices I have, I've tried a New System Setup multiple times.

And yes, on the s6 I have tried turning off the Network switch and the Mobile Data, but those made no difference.

Trying to login on the laptop using the web browser gives the message that I'm not connected to the Orbi network.

And it seems that every time the laptop gets any kind of update and restarts, it loses the Orbi network anyway, in the list of available networks to connect to - I can find it in the "Manage Known Networks", but the only option is to Forget.

Trying to then Add a New Network, tells me it already has that network...

While my WiFi network now seems to be reasonably stable, I'm just SO frustrated with this app BS. Never had any kind of trouble with the Nighthawk or D6300.  I really would like to upgrade the firmware but I can't do that without being able to login to it! 

TYIA,

Dee.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Problem logging into to Orbi on every device

What FW is currently loaded?
If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

Does a wired PC and browser connect to the Orbi routers web page. You might walk thru the setup wizard there and complete the setup process fully with a PC an browser first. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7