Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem with Orbi RBR50 since FW upgrade 2.1.4.16

bgeiser286
Follower

Problem with Orbi RBR50 since FW upgrade 2.1.4.16

This router is a direct connect to a feber network; there is no modem.

My normal wired and wireless speeds are usually in the range of 95+ Mbps download and 50+ Mbps upload.

I upgraded the router's firmware this week and since then, my download speeds continue as before BUT my upload speeds hover between .5 and 2.0; a significant drop.  Additionally, every 5-15 minutes, the ring changes to magenta and all connectivity is lost for a short period of time.

I contacted the isp and they are showing throughput between 100-120 Mbps consistently.

I tried to contact Netgear.  They connected to me remotely and then put me on hold for 15 minutes.  The representative then told me he would call me back in 5 minutes... never to be heard from again.

I tried to rollback the firmware to the previous version to no avail.

I need help!!! Ideas???

Bethann

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Problem with Orbi RBR50 since FW upgrade 2.1.4.16

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Has a full power OFF for 1 minute then back on of the system or a factory reset been performed on the system and setup from scratch? Others reported having to do this and there system worked better after the reset...

Message 2 of 4
Orbi
Star

I am having the same exact problem, downloads are slugish but the upload is zero.  This firmware is killing my upload speeds, usually I get 10mbps now I'm getting 0 - .5.  PLEASE FIX THIS NETGEAR!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
How are you tesing speeds? wired or wireless? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).
If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually. Hoping NG support can have a look at this. So try this out as well.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

Try try this? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-released-as-of-10-3-18/m-p/1647303/highligh...

@Orbi wrote:

I am having the same exact problem, downloads are slugish but the upload is zero.  This firmware is killing my upload speeds, usually I get 10mbps now I'm getting 0 - .5.  PLEASE FIX THIS NETGEAR!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7