Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem with Satleite Ethernet on 2.2.1.210

W4LNY-2
Tutor

Problem with Satleite Ethernet on 2.2.1.210

While on all previous builds, I have had my satelite connected via ehternet backhaul, I also had an Apple TV and Sonty Android TV conencted via ethernet to the satelite, once I upgraded to 2.2.1.210 the satleite became unrepsonsive with any ethernet device connected, I facotry reset and still see the same behavior, everyting works fine when I remove all other ethernet connectiosn and leave only the backhaul connection.

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Problem with Satleite Ethernet on 2.2.1.210

The satellites need to be set up via wireless first. Then connect 1 satellite at a time to the ethernet LAN cable. Wait 5 minutes and the top led on the satellite should turn on BLUE. Set up an IP address reservation for the 1st satellite. Continue to do the same thing for the 2nd satellite. Then connect your devices the satellite. Does this work for you? 

Message 2 of 4
W4LNY-2
Tutor

I was able to get it working performing a full factoy reset than connectiig the devices, I still did the setup via ethernet, not via wireless, but it is working again, thanks. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements