Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem with Wifi on all Apple Devices on my Network

timh101
Aspirant

Problem with Wifi on all Apple Devices on my Network

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with not being able to access a device that's currently connected to a different satellite.  For example, if I was on my laptop in my basement, which was connected to the basement satellite, and my wife was on her laptop on the 2nd floor and that device was connected to the 2nd floor satellite, I can see the device on Finder in Mac, but I am unable to access it.  When I Ping the IP address it times out.  When I bring the devices together in the same location so that they're connected to the same satellite, it works fine.

Any ideas for a workaround?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Problem with Wifi on all Apple Devices on my Network

Is Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming enabled? Might disable these and test. Roaming will be a client device behavior as well. 

The first wave to be released are only for the RBR50 and RBS50, which is used in the RBK50 and RBK53 (Costco) kits.
New beta FW avaialble. Get it while its hot of the press:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-MR-2-1-Update-3-23-18/m-p/1533584#M26234

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Is Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming enabled? Might disable these and test. Roaming will be a client device behavior as well. 

The first wave to be released are only for the RBR50 and RBS50, which is used in the RBK50 and RBK53 (Costco) kits.
New beta FW avaialble. Get it while its hot of the press:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-MR-2-1-Update-3-23-18/m-p/1533584#M26234

Message 2 of 4
timh101
Aspirant

I had Daisy Chaining off by default, but Fast Roaming was on.

After disabling that, from tentative early tests, I am able to ping different devices connected to a different satellite.  Thanks for your input!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements