Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Problem with internet upload speeds with firmware 2.2.1.210

Orbi
Star

Problem with internet upload speeds with firmware 2.2.1.210

Please stop pushing auto updates! Since the last autoupdate, this firmware has killed my upload speeds to 0 - .5 mbps, I used to get 10mbps.  My download speeds used to be constant at 170 mbps now it keeps varying between 30 - 170.  This please fix the UPLOAD speeds for this firmware!!!!!!!!!!

And dont tell me to reset to factory and try different settings cause I've already went thru that before I came to this board.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? 
How are you tesing speeds? wired or wireless? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft? 
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).
If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually. Hoping NG support can have a look at this. So try this out as well. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

Try try this? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-released-as-of-10-3-18/m-p/1647303/highligh...

@Orbi wrote:

I am having the same exact problem, downloads are slugish but the upload is zero.  This firmware is killing my upload speeds, usually I get 10mbps now I'm getting 0 - .5.  PLEASE FIX THIS NETGEAR!

Message 2 of 5
Orbi
Star

"And dont tell me to reset to factory and try different settings cause I've already went thru that before I came to this board."

Guess you didnt see that part?

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I did however did you manually load FW files again as mentioned in the link I posted and then factory reset up from scratch? Did you see that part? You didn't mention that or give feed back to the other suggestions to try. 

Message 4 of 5
ekhalil
Master

@Orbi wrote:

......  My download speeds used to be constant at 170 mbps now it keeps varying between 30 - 170.  This please fix the UPLOAD speeds for this firmware!!!!!!!!!!

What wired devices do you have connected to Orbi?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7