Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems Galaxy S8 Orbi RBR50 and Amazon Echo

triple-t
Aspirant

Problems Galaxy S8 Orbi RBR50 and Amazon Echo

Just in case anyone else experiencing this issue.  Galaxy S8+ having similar connection problems, but after setting up my Orbi units tonight with noticable improvement in wifi speeds, I noticed half of my Amazon echo devices were not connecting.

I followed Amazon instructions with my S8 both on regular and guest network, but while it the Echo stated a connection to device made the connection to wifi would never complete.  I put the Alexa app on an ipad and everything went well connected to the regular network, no guest access needed.

The echo devices that didn't connect were on a different SSID with my prior network and the S8 Alexa app wasn't able to reprogram them.  I think Netgear needs look into more than just loss of connectivity with the S8 but also stability.

Thanks,

TTT

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 8
CGregoryJr
Aspirant

Re: Problems Galaxy S8 Orbi RBR50 and Amazon Echo

I am also having recurring issues of WiFi signal loss using my Galaxy S8. Sure wish the OEM would provide a solution.
Message 2 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

We are investigating the issues with the S8

DarrenM

Message 3 of 8
cyberprashant
Luminary

My amazon echoes kept losing connections or not connecting at all with 1.12.0.18. Downgraded to 1.11.0.20 problem solved
Message 4 of 8
theallenu
Aspirant

Just out of curiosity, when you downgraded to the previous firmware, does your S8 connect on the main network?  I've had to use the hack on my system to turn on the guest network and have my S8+ connect to it.  I've been doing that since the 1.12 version of the firmware, and with the latest 2.0.0.74, I tried connecting to my main network with the S8+ and the same problem.  WiFi stays connected but internet drops.  So, I've switched back to the guest network and it seems to be working fine, albeit very hacky.  

I've had the system for about two weeks and debating if I'm going to keep it.  The connectivity in the house is awesome, but weird bugs like this and also the fact that if I have several people streaming at the same time, it seems like one of the two will just drop everything and be like "That's it...I'm not doing all that"...and then I have to manually unplug and plug everything back in.  

Message 5 of 8
triple-t
Aspirant

Verizon released a patch for the s8, but it wasn't announced. ie no popup. this was probably a month ago and it fixed connectivity with my s8+.

Tom
Message 6 of 8
joelinho
Apprentice

I upgraded to firmware 2.0.0.74 a few days ago and ever since my Samsung S7 loose wifi connection all the time. The old firmware .18 was really unstable, but this is worse.

Is it the same as you see with the S8 phone?

Message 7 of 8
theallenu
Aspirant

To be fair, I wasn't on the previous firmware long enough to know...but I do know that the only way for my internet connection to stay on is to use the guest network.  If I join the primary wireless network, the wifi stays connected but the internet drops constantly with the S8+

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7