Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Problems since switching ISP from Virgin to TalkTalk (UK)

intgom
Guide

Problems since switching ISP from Virgin to TalkTalk (UK)

Just switched from Virgin to TalkTalk and now having following issues when connected via Orbi:

- Cisco AnyConnect VPN won't connect

- random 404 errors on some web pages

- Can't download iOS apps

All work fine when connected to TalkTalk wifi so must be an Orbi or Orbi to TalkTalk router problem.

Any and all ideas welcome.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 2 of 11
intgom
Guide

Thanks for the reply.  NG router is on firmware version 2.2.1.210 and TalkTalk router is a Sagemcom FAST 5364 v 3.00.

Looks like Option 3 is the only one from your list that I can get going, though it makes no difference.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@intgom wrote:

All work fine when connected to TalkTalk wifi so must be an Orbi or Orbi to TalkTalk router problem.

Perhaps not.

The only thing that you changed is your ISP (TalkTalk).  Start there.

Also it looks like the Sagemcom FAST 5364 v 3.00 is a Modem/router combo which requires special setup to work with the ORBI ROUTER.

Message 4 of 11
intgom
Guide

Sorry, should have been clear:  ISP changed but also router (comes with the package).  Virgin was cable, new router is ADSL.

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 5 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@intgom wrote:

Sorry, should have been clear:  ISP changed but also router (comes with the package).  Virgin was cable, new router is ADSL.

Also it looks like the Sagemcom FAST 5364 v 3.00 is a Modem/router combo which requires special setup to work with the ORBI ROUTER.

Message 6 of 11
intgom
Guide

@Retired_Member wrote:

@intgom wrote:

Thanks for that.  How did you discover this / any idea where I can go to find out what is required?  TalkTalk are being less than helpful 😞

Message 7 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@intgom wrote:

@Retired_Member wrote:

@intgom wrote:

Thanks for that.  How did you discover this / any idea where I can go to find out what is required?  TalkTalk are being less than helpful 😞

https://www.itwriting.com/blog/10843-talktalks-new-sagemcom-fast-5364-router-and-wifi-hub.html

Looks like you may need to set the Orbi in the AP mode.  Many here on this forum can help with that.  The Orbi manual should also provide guidance.

Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Does the sagecom modem/router have a DMZ?

@intgom wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  NG router is on firmware version 2.2.1.210 and TalkTalk router is a Sagemcom FAST 5364 v 3.00.

Looks like Option 3 is the only one from your list that I can get going, though it makes no difference.

Message 9 of 11
intgom
Guide

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@intgom wrote:

Don't think so.  All looks pretty standard in terms of network settings (DNS, DHCP, routing etc.).  I've now established that there's definitely no modem-only mode on the Sagemcom so I might have a go at turning most of the network features/settings off manually and using a static IP on the NG router.  Or do the AP-only thing mentioned above.  But all of that can wait until tomorrow.

Thanks for all the responses so far - much appreciated.

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

If you can turn OFF items like uPnP, firewall and wifi on the modem, set up a reservation for the Orbi router on the modem, this could help. if not, I presume AP mode will be the best solution. This seems to be a limiting issue with the modem. Too bad DMZ isn't available on the modem.

Have a great evening.

@intgom wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@intgom wrote:

Don't think so.  All looks pretty standard in terms of network settings (DNS, DHCP, routing etc.).  I've now established that there's definitely no modem-only mode on the Sagemcom so I might have a go at turning most of the network features/settings off manually and using a static IP on the NG router.  Or do the AP-only thing mentioned above.  But all of that can wait until tomorrow.

Thanks for all the responses so far - much appreciated.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7