Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems streaming to iPad Pro connected to Satellite

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Problems streaming to iPad Pro connected to Satellite

I'm running 1.12.0.18 and have done a factory reset. 

I have an odd issue that only affects an iPad Pro 10.5" (Apple's latest gen) in my house. When it's connected to the satellite I cannot stream from various sources or the quality is auto downgraded to the point it's unwatchable. Some streams give me error messages about the connection being too slow.

If I use a regular iPad or an Android device in exactly the same location in my house and also connected to the satellite everything is fine.

I've looked at hardware specs for the wireless on the various devcies to see if I can spot any differences. The only difference I notice is that the iPad Pro is "HT80". I'm wondering if this could be related? There are some non-Netgear threads on Google discussing HT80 but nothing that gvies me any clues. There don't seem to be any related settings on the Orbi.

I've tried with various combinations of MU-MIMO and Implict beamforming on/off with the same result. The problem also existed on previous firmware.

Any ideas?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Problems streaming to iPad Pro connected to Satellite

Hello adrewery

Did this ever go away? make sure the IPad is up to date and also may want to tell it to forget the netwrork and rejoin it.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Problems streaming to iPad Pro connected to Satellite

It's still an issue. I've installed the latest iOS update and even factory reset the iPad. It only seems to be a problem when connected to the satellite and only for that device. General network performance via the satellite for devices is fine.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7