Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems updating MacOS

flyerBob
Aspirant

Problems updating MacOS

Since I updated my network to use Orbi 753S, my Mac is having problems with system updates. When I try to update a Security Update, it actually downloads the entire update - and then refuses to install it. It says "an internet connection is required to install Security Update". Yet it downloaded it; all other internet connections are working; and it installed the Safari update without a problem.

Is this some Orbi setting blocking the install? Is the verification process being blocked? I don't see any error messages. I do get Orbi error messages when other SAPAM attempts are blosked.

Any ideas?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Problems updating MacOS

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7