Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems with Disney Circle filtering in new Orbi mini setup.

Jeffrem
Follower

Problems with Disney Circle filtering in new Orbi mini setup.

I recently enabled Disney Circle on this new device.  For the devices assigned to me and my wife, I had everything set to allowed, and for my son we had a few categories blocked.  I have verified the devices are assigned to the appropriate person.  Today my wife was looking for a recipe on google and followed a link.  She got the Circle page blocked page.  I verified the site category on brightcloud's website and it showed as blogs and personal sites.  I verified this was set to Allow for my wife.  For a test, I set blogs and personal sites to unamanaged for her and she was almost immediately able to get into that link.

What am I missing?  Why when set to allow would it block that site?

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
ekhalil
Master

Re: Problems with Disney Circle filtering in new Orbi mini setup.

For me this looks like a "data corruption" in your Circle database. If you once had your wife's device in one of the filter levels and then changed to another the database can be stucked in the previous state and was not updated. 

I'd recommend to deactivate Circle in Orbi and activate again and do the Circle setup again from scratch. Hopefully this will help.

If not then I guess this would be a softwre issue that needs to be reported to Netgear.

Message 2 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Jeffrem

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information ekhalil provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 5
TCUfrogs
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue consistently
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7