Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Purchase RBW30

pachy
Tutor

Purchase RBW39

I want to purchase an additional RBW30 but I can't find it anywhere - not on Netgear website, not Amazon, not Best Buy, not Target, not anywhere. I previously purchased a system of one RBR20 and one RBW30 for about $120. Now all I see are refurbs RBW30's for more money than for the package I purchased. What gives? How can I buy just a single RBW30? Thanks.

Model: RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Purchase RBW39

It seems like netgear hasn't been as focused on older gear lately. It could be because they're having to put all their manufacturering into the newer gear and don't have spare capacity for older models. Unsure without actually hearing from them (which doesn't happen)

Luckily there are other comptible models. 

compatible: 

RBS20

RBW30

RBS40

RBS40V

RBS50

RBS50Y

the EX7500/EX7700/EX8000 all work with orbi but don't integrate the same. 

Message 2 of 4
pachy
Tutor

Thanks. The title should have been RBW30 not 39. I want an RBW30 simply because it plugs in directly to a wall socket - no need for a unit, brick and power cord. Thanks.

Model: RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Like you've found, its tough to find one anymore. 

From looking at amazon, its cheaper to buy the full kit that includes an RBW30 than it is to just buy the RBW30. 

Might be an option and then just sell the router. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7