Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Putting Orbi in AP mode

SkimaskBud
Follower

Putting Orbi in AP mode

I have a modem that’s has a router plugged into it and then it has my Orbi router plugged into the router. Can I put my Orbi in AP mode with out unhooking the other router or with out turning off the WiFi. And if I can do this will Orbi still have a wireless signal to connect too? As it is right now some websites won’t let me go to them some apps won’t work like Hulu Netflix Worldstar and my Xbox has a double nat which allows me to play games online but can’t talk or hear in party chat and can’t update my games so please lmk..... I really don’t have access to be able to turn off the internet service WiFi signal so trying to see if it’ll work still with out doin that and Orbi in AP mode
Thank you
Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Putting Orbi in AP mode

Yes you can put it in access point mode without having to change anything on the primary router. I'd just ensure to seperate out the wireless channels so it doesn't cause interference. 

https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7