Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: QOS- priority by device

tgaertne
Tutor

I agree. I am at a cross road right now to either wait if this is coming soon or sell the device and move to another router.

Message 26 of 33
Mause
Initiate

Just bought Orbi yesterday and was assured it had QoS.  It does not.  There are plenty of discussion threads regarding this feature that it ought to be prioritized on the backlog.  Netgear:  what is the timeline for implementing this feature that was started but not completed?  I paid a lot of money for this router and expected QoS to be a standard feature.  Again, what is the timeline?

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 27 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

The Orbi doesn't have advanced QoS. More of simple automatic QoS based on what speed test it gets from your ISP. 

NG doesn't post information in regards to future features or release dates. No Mfr does. 

If you need more advanced QoS features, then find a router with more advanced QoS features to use. You can use the Orbi system in AP mode and use a different router with more Advanced QoS features. 

@Mausewrote:

Just bought Orbi yesterday and was assured it had QoS.  It does not.  There are plenty of discussion threads regarding this feature that it ought to be prioritized on the backlog.  Netgear:  what is the timeline for implementing this feature that was started but not completed?  I paid a lot of money for this router and expected QoS to be a standard feature.  Again, what is the timeline?

Message 28 of 33
lacurandera
Aspirant

Have you tried http://orbilogin.net/QOS_main.htm which has more granular controls?

Message 29 of 33
ma_ng_user
Tutor

This is promising. I had previously been to that page, but it did not work effectively at all. I was only able to see the Speedtest link, not actually get to the QoS rules. It must have changed in a recent update. I have now (presumably) set up some rules and enabled them. I will post back in a couple of days once I have been able to test if they are effective or not.

Still have to wonder why this is not more readily accessible, but it is far better than nothing—if it works.

Message 30 of 33
sayboon
Tutor

Where's QoS priority by device? It's end May 2018! Can't be that hard to firstly put this in your backlog and have it in your sprint to develop.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 31 of 33
ma_ng_user
Tutor

As mentioned, I made the rules (and it's been much more than a few days), but I'm not seeing a lot of difference. I have next to no guarantees that it does anything. Additionally, a firmware update seems to have made it impossible now to edit a rule. Clicking "Apply" opens a new tab with an invalid URL. I give up. I won't be recommending or buying Netgear again. I've already steered at least a few folks away from it.

Message 32 of 33
sayboon
Tutor

So after spending a couple of hundred for a premium mesh router, I’ll need to get another router to manage Orbi? Do you hear what you’re saying mate?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 33 of 33
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7