Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Query device list from Orbi router (python script)

scurvy_mrjones
Aspirant

Query device list from Orbi router (python script)

I published in github a python script that pulls the connected device list from the router. Should work for any device using router firmware version V2.5.2.4. I tested on a RBR50.

There are two versions: one that posts the device list to Splunk and another that just prints them on the screen.

https://github.com/scurvylogs/orbi_devices

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Query device list from Orbi router (python script)

May be of interest to someone experienced with Python.  People who are not literally, "have no idea where to start".

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@scurvy_mrjones wrote:

I published in github a python script that pulls the connected device list from the router. Should work for any device using router firmware version V2.5.2.4. I tested on a RBR50.

https://github.com/scurvylogs/orbi_devices

Thanks for an enjoyable Friday. Works on RBR50, firmware 2.7.2.104 (Almost. Puzzled that uprate and downrate are zero, but the script is simply telling json to "print what you got".  )  Also puzzled that it is 'hit or miss' as far as "will it execute this time, or will it fail?"

I probably would have hard coded all of the parameters, rather than two out of three. (IP - hard coded, "admin" - input from file, password - input from file.)

Message 3 of 4
scurvy_mrjones
Aspirant

I am puzzled too. The ORBI sometimes gives a 401 error. Not sure why. I modifyed the script to retry, but still testing.

Yeah, I just needed the JSON to post to Splunk, a SIEM. I did not create the logic to parse the fields as I do that in the SIEM.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7