Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Question Regarding Satellite Device Display with Firmware 2.7.0.70

tucsontico
Virtuoso

Question Regarding Satellite Device Display with Firmware 2.7.0.70

Does the latest firmware update (v2.7.0.70) address the issue of the satellites web-based GUI displaying "unknown" device names in "Connected Devices" column?

I primarily use the web-based GUI for monitoring my ORBI performance and to make any changes. This error has been in my system for at least two iterations of firmware. I have done factory resets with each firmware update since 2.x.x.x. Certainly not a big deal as I've grown used to it, but I'm looking for a good excuse to update to 2.7.0.70!

Thanks for your help!

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Question Regarding Satellite Device Display with Firmware 2.7.0.70

@tucsontico wrote:

Does the latest firmware update (v2.7.0.70) address the issue of the satellites web-based GUI displaying "unknown" device names in "Connected Devices" column?

I primarily use the web-based GUI for monitoring my ORBI performance and to make any changes. This error has been in my system for at least two iterations of firmware. I have done factory resets with each firmware update since 2.x.x.x. Certainly not a big deal as I've grown used to it, but I'm looking for a good excuse to update to 2.7.0.70!

Thanks for your help!

The error is not necessariliy the GUI. Sometimes you have to go to the devices that are not registering correctly, (usually WIFI), and forget the network and re-join. Then reboot the router through the GUI.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7