Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Question on Using ORBO MESH system as an Acces Point

Smalla
Follower

Question on Using ORBO MESH system as an Acces Point

Hi,

i have a question, in Belgium (where i live) we have a cable provider (TELENET) wich in order to have their cable boxes working needs a TELENET router, for the moment i have a wired setup with this router, I use a DLINK DIR 890L in AP mode to create a wirelles acces together wit a UBIQUITY wired AP... but i am not that satisfied with the overal wireless performance... (i have a 3 storied house, with wired cat 6e connection on all floors...

Can I use an ORBI MESH system in AP modus? And connect the router on the ground level , one satelite on 1st floor (wired) and one one the 2nd floor (also wired) to create a seamles mesh network?

(backhaul over wire?)

There is no way to bypass the router of the cable company as the cable boxes need their IP adres from it... so i need a MESH network based on an Acces Point and not a router (i can turn off wifi signal from other router to avoid disturbances)

Is this feasable with ORBI mesh router?

thx for your kind advice

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Question on Using ORBO MESH system as an Acces Point

Yes Orbi supports AP mode.

Message 2 of 3
st_shaw
Master

Re: Question on Using ORBO MESH system as an Acces Point

I own both Orbi and Ubiquiti Unifi systems.  Both work well and have different strengths.  I can say for sure that if you have Ethernet wired throughout your house and you have a Ubiquiti Unifi setup, then you absolutely should stick with the Ubiquiti APs that you already have.

If you are not satisifed with the Ubiquiti AP's performance, then it's quite likely that something is not setup in the best way. You should post on the Ubiquiti forms and ask for advice there. Have you tried that yet?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7