Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RB40 - can't update to latest firmware

Alan22
Aspirant

RB40 - can't update to latest firmware

Received an email from Netgear to update firmware for my RB40 to v2.3.5.34.  My current firmware is V2.2.5.30.  I followed the instructions exactly as indicated in the email.  I am getting a message that "Firmware is up to date".

???

Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RB40 - can't update to latest firmware

There is a huge disconnect between the part of Negear that sends out those emails (I NEVER get one) and the engiineers who configure the firmware system.  If the Orbi says, "No new firmware", then you are good.  UNLESS you are experiencing a definite problem and are seeking new firware as a solution.  In your case, I would delete the email and get on with life.

Message 2 of 6
Alan22
Aspirant

Thanks.  My current firmware is actually V2.3.5.50 (had a typo in my original post).

Nevertheless, I'll do as suggested.

Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

That is the firmware I am sticking with until reports on the user forum convince me that an update is a good idea.
Message 4 of 6

@Alan22 wrote:

Thanks.  My current firmware is actually V2.3.5.50 (had a typo in my original post).

That "typo" kind of explains it. The exact numbers are important.

That v2.3.5.34 is older than your current V2.3.5.50.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

At some point if you choose to do so, you can manually update to v2.5.1.8 which at this current date and time frame is the most current version for Orbi 50 series systems. 

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7