Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RB5S0Y Indoor outdoor mode

jon_curtis
Follower

RB5S0Y Indoor outdoor mode

what ever option selected goes back to same option page.. can't then escape..what ever option selected goes back to same option page.. can't then escape..then takes you back to option page..then takes you back to option page..

stuck in a loop whilst setting up Indoor Outdoor mode..    cant then escape as takes you constantly back within second to option page..

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: RB5S0Y Indoor outdoor mode

If you try setting it up via the browser does it do the same thing or does it only happen on the app? Just trying to figure out if its an app issue or a device issue.

Message 2 of 4
loomis1975
Luminary

I've had a RBS50Y since the first beta involving it.

Its on firmware V2.3.0.28 now.  The web browser pages for it, both status and debug you can't really control anything or any options.

From the main router pages, you can only manually turn on/off the LED on the unit or schedule when you want it to turn on/off.  Also you can enable/disable the SYNC button on the unit.

I'll check out the app, see if anything is new, but mines been setup forever, I'm guessing its in tri-band mode unless firmware switched it to dual-band by default.   I'll report back.

Edit: Checked out the App, there is no option to change the mode that the RBS50Y is in from the App once the unit is setup I guess.  I would try what was suggested and try to set it up from the web browser "Add an Orbi Satellite" option and see what happens.

Message 3 of 4
BobDelp
Guide

What version of the Orbi App? What Country?

My Android app does Not have those option.

G27

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7