Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK 40 Firmware 2.5.1.16 Access control page blank

Squonky
Tutor

RBK 40 Firmware 2.5.1.16 Access control page blank

HI I updated to the above firmware,

Now my satellite is shown as disconnected i  the web client but not I  the android all it is online.

In the web clie t devices it shows I have access co trol turned on, but when I go the access co tool page I get no devices listed at all and all the check boxes are blank.

Selecting true on and any has no effect.

Rebooting the rooter had no effect.

Help please.

Message 1 of 12
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBK 40 Firmware 2.5.1.16 Access control page blank

This sounds like something "went bad" during the update.  It may be time to "Factory Reset" the Orbi.  This does not change the firmware version, but does reset every parameter to the default values, including parameters that may be hidden from the user.  You can take a chance and save the configuration to a file on your computer (Advanced Tab, Administration, Backkup Settings)

Follow these steps to Factory Reset the router:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

When you begin the startup, there will be an option to "Restore saved settings."  Take that selection, browse to the saved configuration file, and upload it.  This may "make things right".  Or, the saved configuration file may be corrupted and you will need to reset again and this time go through the entire setup process.

Wish there were an easier way.

Message 2 of 12
TanMan1217
Guide

I had different problems after the 2.5.1.16 update, but I resolved them by doing a hard reset on my base unit (mine's the RBR40). Using a paper clip, hold the reset button while the Orbi is on. Wait for the power light to flash amber, then release the paper clip. The router will then reboot. It will take 3 or 4 minutes before you will be able to connect. Note that it will reset to factory default, so you'll have to reconfigure using a wired device, or the app on your phone.

Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Make sure the RBS was updated as well. Should be on the same version of FW. 

Try a dfiferent web browser. IE11, Firefox or Opera.

Clear ALL browser caches as well before entering the web page. 

@Squonky wrote:

Now my satellite is shown as disconnected i  the web client but not I  the android all it is online.

In the web clie t devices it shows I have access co trol turned on, but when I go the access co tool page I get no devices listed at all and all the check boxes are blank.

Help please.

Message 4 of 12
Squonky
Tutor

Thanks , but no look,  still the same.

Message 5 of 12
Squonky
Tutor

@TanMan1217 wrote:

I had different problems after the 2.5.1.16 update, but I resolved them by doing a hard reset on my base unit (mine's the RBR40). Using a paper clip, hold the reset button while the Orbi is on. Wait for the power light to flash amber, then release the paper clip. The router will then reboot. It will take 3 or 4 minutes before you will be able to connect. Note that it will reset to factory default, so you'll have to reconfigure using a wired device, or the app on your phone.

Thanks,  reset,  and  reload  did not  work 

Message 6 of 12
Squonky
Tutor

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Make sure the RBS was updated as well. Should be on the same version of FW. 

Try a dfiferent web browser. IE11, Firefox or Opera.

Clear ALL browser caches as well before entering the web page. 

@Squonky wrote:

Help please.

HI, Thanks,  Yeah cleard browsers, tried different browsers  adn  multiple  devices so def coming fromthe device.  Both Devices are at the same  version  level

Message 7 of 12
Squonky
Tutor

@CrimpOn wrote:

This sounds like something "went bad" during the update.  It may be time to "Factory Reset" the Orbi.  This does not change the firmware version, but does reset every parameter to the default values, including parameters that may be hidden from the user.  You can take a chance and save the configuration to a file on your computer (Advanced Tab, Administration, Backkup Settings)

When you begin the startup, there will be an option to "Restore saved settings."  Take that selection, browse to the saved configuration file, and upload it.  This may "make things right".  Or, the saved configuration file may be corrupted and you will need to reset again and this time go through the entire setup process.

Thanks,  was hoping  for an eaier solution before I started this, btu nothing  ele worked and Now I have  reset and  still in the same situation. ;(  So can  only  guess it's a bug in the firmware, or a clash between my settings and  the  the firmware. Glad I have the settings on allow new devices adn not blocked or I'd be stuffed. 

Thinking of downloading an older Firmware and trying  that next..

Message 8 of 12
Squonky
Tutor

@Squonky wrote:

@CrimpOn wrote:

Thanks,  was hoping  for an eaier solution before I started this, btu nothing  ele worked and Now I have  reset and  still in the same situation. ;(  So can  only  guess it's a bug in the firmware, or a clash between my settings and  the  the firmware. Glad I have the settings on allow new devices adn not blocked or I'd be stuffed. 

Thinking of downloading an older Firmware and trying  that next..

Dowloaded and installed previous 2.3.1.32 version and have it back now  working  again.

Unfortuanlty the route decided to update the  Firmware on it's own  so  back on 2.5.1.16 and it not working again Grrrr  how annoying

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

I would contact NG support and ask for help and information regarding this.

@Blanca_O 

Message 10 of 12
Squonky
Tutor

Hi thanks, but I'm not prepared to pay extortionate amounts to report bugs. 

Its not right.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@Blanca_O 

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@Blanca_O 

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact the forum moderator to see if they can help you. 

Good Luck. 

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7