Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK 40 will not connect to modem anymore Centurylink modem c1000a

n2genesis
Aspirant

RBK 40 will not connect to modem anymore Centurylink modem c1000a

Orbi has worked great for years then after a FW update 2.3.7.6 update a couple days ago it worked for a couple days. Now it will not connect to internet. With Ethernet cable connected the modem doesn’t even pick it up. Tried cable direct from modem to computer everything works. 

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I would power OFF the ISP modem for 1 minute. Factory reset the Orbi router and power it off. Power ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Then power ON the Orbi router and walk thru the setup wizard again using a wired PC and a web browser.

@n2genesis wrote:

Orbi has worked great for years then after a FW update 2.3.7.6 update a couple days ago it worked for a couple days. Now it will not connect to internet. With Ethernet cable connected the modem doesn’t even pick it up. Tried cable direct from modem to computer everything works. 

Message 2 of 6
n2genesis
Aspirant

Unfortunately I did that twice. I am wondering if the Orbi just bit the bullet and crapped out. But I haven't had it but a year; two at the most.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you connect to the RBRs web page? 

Whats the top LED on the RBR show as? Pink or White when connected to the modem? 

Swapped LAN cable between the modem and RBR? 

Does wifi still work on the RBR? 

Message 4 of 6
n2genesis
Aspirant

The light is flashing white and no wifi on RBR. Switched cable. Didn’t know there was a web page for RBR. You have a linkv
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

192.168.1.1 or orbilogin.com

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements