Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK 43 or RBK50?

ameagari
Aspirant

RBK 43 or RBK50?

Can someone tell me the difference between the RBK43 and RBK 50? I was all set to buy this at Best Buy when I realized the model that's on sale now is different from the one on sale on Black Friday, but both will be the same price. I don't know much about this stuff so if you can explain it in as simple terms as possible I'd appreciate it.

This is for a medium sized house with some dead zones and 2 levels.

Thanks in advance!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Either one would work, however you would only need the 1 satellite I think for 3000sq ft. 

The 50 series just provides faster connection rates between it's satellite and connected devices is all. 

Beginning distance between the base router and satellite should start at 30 feet. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/orbi.aspx

Mostly the 43 has two satellites while the 50 has just one satellite.

The other difference is the wireless connection rate on the 43 is 867Mb while the 50 is 1700Mb wireless connection rates. Thes rates are just connections between the Orbi system and wireless connected devices. Not to be confused with bandwidth or actual throughput speeds. 

I have a 5000sq ft home two levels. Use just the base router at one end and a satellite 40 feet in between. 

Whats the sq ft size of your home? 

Message 2 of 6
ameagari
Aspirant

My dad says the sq footage is 2600. 

So the RBK43 would likely be overkill? Is the only real benefit that it has a third sattelite in the pack?

It sounds like the RBK50 will provide faster wifi in some way?

Edit:

And my mom just corrected him, it's about 3000, but definitely under 5,000 sq feet.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Either one would work, however you would only need the 1 satellite I think for 3000sq ft. 

The 50 series just provides faster connection rates between it's satellite and connected devices is all. 

Beginning distance between the base router and satellite should start at 30 feet. 

Message 4 of 6
ameagari
Aspirant

Thank you very much 🙂

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors