Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK 43 or RBK50?

WaltonGlade
Aspirant

RBK 43 or RBK50?

Trying to decide between RBK43 and RBK50 (have seen some similar posts but they didn't really address my questions). My place is ~2000sqft, one floor, but my modem is fixed at one end of the house, and I get poor signal at the other (using standard Ting Gigabit router). I have probaby 10 devices on my network. I don't have wired in ethernet ports anywhere so can't connect satellites to a main router that way. I have the option of these two models, which would likely suit me best? I don't understand the concept of backhaul tho I know that is a consideration. Thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 4
gr8sho
Virtuoso

The wireless backhaul on the RBK50 is about the best there is.  It's better than a 1Gbit wired Ethernet link in terms of raw performance.  The satellite also provides four Ethernet ports that can be used to connect video streaming boxes for instance.  Should easily handle your setup based on description.  Won't comment on the 40 series as I do not have any direct experience with the product.

Message 2 of 4
WaltonGlade
Aspirant

Much appreciated- I was veering toward the RBK50 so that;s probably what I'll do. Thanks for the input

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

0 feet is recommended in between router and satellites to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7