Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK 50 Can’t Setup

ajredaelli
Tutor

RBK 50 Can’t Setup

I can’t find a way to setup. I have named my wi fi but the App seems to look for an Orbi92 - which does not exist! I’m at a loss. Someone please help. Online teacher and I can’t be off line. My unit also had a satellite. Much appreciated.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK 50 Can’t Setup

Try connecting a wired PC or laptop to the back of the RBR and use a web browser pointed at 192.168.1.1 or orbilogin.net. Walk thru the setup wizard there. I would factory reset the RBR. Press the reset button for 15 seconds then release. Try the setup wizard here. 

Message 2 of 6
ajredaelli
Tutor

I will try that - thanks.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

If you need, check the installation guide on NGs web page as well:

https://www.netgear.com/support/

Message 4 of 6
ajredaelli
Tutor

So .... I have also checked the installation guide, but I can't get it to work. 

I did a reset on the Orbi. I connected via ethernet cable my laptop to an "Ethernet" port in the back of the Orbi, and I connected the "Internet" port to my modem. I typed 192.168.1.1 and it takes me to a login page. I do not see a setup page for my Orbi at all - I do see one for my Nighthawk, which of course is off-line during this process. 

What am I missing? 

Message 5 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

@ajredaelli wrote:
I can’t find a way to setup. I have named my wi fi but the App seems to look for an Orbi92 - which does not exist! I’m at a loss. Someone please help. Online teacher and I can’t be off line. My unit also had a satellite. Much appreciated.

Make sure bluetooth is turned on, on your device you are using to install the Orbi. Go into your device's WIFI network settings and look for the router WIFI and login.

I prefer using the app, as it is so much easier for me. So reset the Orbi router, reboot the modem it is going to connect to, plug in the Orbi and turn it on, load up the Orbi app and perform a new installation. Follow the instructions Verbatum. Once the Orbi router is up and running, follow instructions for the satellites. Once the satellites are up and running, move them to their location.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7