Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK 50 and RBW 30?

superben79
Apprentice

RBK 50 and RBW 30?

I have a RBK 50 and RBS 50. I need to expand wifi in one area. Instead of getting another RBS 50, can I add the plug in (RBW 30) instead?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

@superben79 wrote:

I have a RBK 50 and RBS 50. I need to expand wifi in one area. Instead of getting another RBS 50, can I add the plug in (RBW 30) instead?

Absolutely you can do this.

The RBW30 works with any of the other routers/satellites.  You will need to manually add/sync the RBW30 as it will come with a different SSID/Password, but you can do this through the APP or the WEB GUI.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

@superben79 wrote:

Absolutely you can do this.

The RBW30 works with any of the other routers/satellites.  You will need to manually add/sync the RBW30 as it will come with a different SSID/Password, but you can do this through the APP or the WEB GUI.

Message 2 of 4
georgengan
Star

I tried adding both 30 and 40 as 2nd satellite. It seems 40 has better signal connection with the 50 router given the same distance (30 is amber and 40 is blue). Perhaps the number of antennas in each device does matter.

Message 3 of 4
rhester72
Virtuoso

@georgengan wrote:

I tried adding both 30 and 40 as 2nd satellite. It seems 40 has better signal connection with the 50 router given the same distance (30 is amber and 40 is blue). Perhaps the number of antennas in each device does matter.

Well, yes, yes it does.  They directly affect range.

Rodney

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7