Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK-50 v2.1.4.10 and Logs

FuzzyJohn
Tutor

RBK-50 v2.1.4.10 and Logs

Since my Orbi RBK-50 had its firmware automatically upgraded to v2.1.4.10 the logs emailed to me contain gaps. I normally have the logs emailed when the log is full. I also tried toemail them daily with the same result.

The problem is that 2 emailed logs have a gap of several hours to a day between them instead of being continuous.

If I check the logs in the web interface sometime after the logs were sent the oldest event always was [email sent to: name@email.com]. With the previous versions the emailed logs also had this entry as the oldest event.

Since the upgrade to v2.1.4.10 the emailed logs no longer have the [email sent] event and the oldest event is several hour to a day after the previous log email.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 9
Brain29
Apprentice

maybe your orbi crashed 

use .. your - ip /debug.htm

I would also contact support and ask them about the beta firmware program they have - they have been working on allot of fixes for things 

Message 2 of 9
FuzzyJohn
Tutor

@Brain29 wrote:

maybe your orbi crashed 

use .. your - ip /debug.htm

I would also contact support and ask them about the beta firmware program they have - they have been working on allot of fixes for things 

If the Orbi crashed wouldn't I see [Initialized] entries in the log following the crash? Last [Initialized] was after the firmware upgrade.

Message 3 of 9
Jeremyinsf
Apprentice

I've also had some log problems via email for the last two versions.  I've received an email that was totally blank and also had truncated information like you, and had other cases where the log is cleared as though it was sent but I received nothing at all.  (And no it's not in junk email or something like that)

But, sometimes the logs come in fine.

Message 4 of 9
thombe
Apprentice

I get the same.

my logs now simply so "" and that is all, i have it set to send a daily email at 10am.

Message 5 of 9
FuzzyJohn
Tutor

@Jeremyinsf wrote:

I've also had some log problems via email for the last two versions.  I've received an email that was totally blank and also had truncated information like you, and had other cases where the log is cleared as though it was sent but I received nothing at all.  (And no it's not in junk email or something like that)

But, sometimes the logs come in fine.

My previous version (where the logs worked) was 2.1.2.18.

The logs I receive have the event lines complete. But events are missing. My initial setting was to send the logs when full. With the previous version I was getting 230-232 events when the log filled up. The time sequence was continuous. With the new version I was getting about 100 to 130 events. There is a large gap in the time sequence.

I changed the setting to send the logs daily. With the new version I am getting 50 to 60 events and again there is a time gap.

About 3 times since the new firmware was installed I did get 230 to 232 events and a continuous time sequence.

For me the previous version worked OK. Like many others feel, new versions should not be forced. At least allow the users to select the auto upgrade of firmware. The way it is now, even if I downgrade the firmware to the one which worked for me It will be soon automatically upgraded to the buggy one.

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset and set up from scratch next time your updated to most current FW to see if logs are still buggy. If they are then report it to NG support.

Message 7 of 9
FuzzyJohn
Tutor

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Try a factory reset and set up from scratch next time your updated to most current FW to see if logs are still buggy. If they are then report it to NG support.

If I do a factory reset can I use a saved configuration or do I have to start from the ground up?

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

First save off a new save config to file. Then factory reset and set up from scratch and don't load the saved file. First check log behaviors to see if problem continues or not.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7