Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK 852 - WAN aggregation

masterlau
Follower

RBK 852 - WAN aggregation

I'm looking to leverage the WAN aggregation feature on my RBK 852 (2.5 Gbps + 1 Gbps, LACP-IEEE802.3ad), potentially through two 1000Mbps FTTH connections. 

I'd like to know:

(1) If both connections are from the same ISP but via different modems, whether I need any configuration from my ISP end - e.g. bonding.  What will happen if I simply plug in the two cables after setting things up on the Orbi webpage?

(2) If both connections from the same ISP and via the same modem (i.e. 2 ethernet cables come out from the same modem), do I need specific settings on the modem?  What will happen if I simply plug in the two cables after setting things up on the Orbi webpage?

(3) If the two connections are from 2 different ISPs, would that work? Is it possible to make it work?

Any thoughts and advice would be most welcome! Thanks!

ML 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK 852 - WAN aggregation

Please post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Review the user manual. 

Good Luck. 

@masterlau wrote:

I'm looking to leverage the WAN aggregation feature on my RBK 852 (2.5 Gbps + 1 Gbps, LACP-IEEE802.3ad), potentially through two 1000Mbps FTTH connections. 

I'd like to know:

(1) If both connections are from the same ISP but via different modems, whether I need any configuration from my ISP end - e.g. bonding.  What will happen if I simply plug in the two cables after setting things up on the Orbi webpage?

(2) If both connections from the same ISP and via the same modem (i.e. 2 ethernet cables come out from the same modem), do I need specific settings on the modem?  What will happen if I simply plug in the two cables after setting things up on the Orbi webpage?

(3) If the two connections are from 2 different ISPs, would that work? Is it possible to make it work?

ML 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Review the user manual. 

Good Luck. 

@masterlau wrote:

I'd like to know:

ML 

Message 2 of 3
ekhalil
Master

You should be able to use links from two different ISP's provided the ISP modems support Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP).

More information here: https://kb.netgear.com/000061324/How-do-I-set-up-WAN-aggregation-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-6-System

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7