Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK12 will 2 kits allow wired backhaul between routers?

neworder71
Follower

RBK12 will 2 kits allow wired backhaul between routers?

I bought the Orbi RBK12 AC1200 with an RBR10 and RBS10, in a emergency.  Now with 3 zoom meetings going in house at once, we get zoom bandwith warnings.  I believe the traffic is hitting the satillite and is too much.  If I get another RBR12 kit and wire the 2 RBR10's together will that give me a wired backhaul for the troublesome area of the house?

Alternatively I have an old R7000 sitting around, is that any use?  I'm just trying to solve the issue without a wholesale system replacement.   Any ideas appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBK12 will 2 kits allow wired backhaul between routers?

@neworder71 wrote:

I bought the Orbi RBK12 AC1200 with an RBR10 and RBS10, in a emergency.  Now with 3 zoom meetings going in house at once, we get zoom bandwith warnings.  I believe the traffic is hitting the satillite and is too much.  If I get another RBR12 kit and wire the 2 RBR10's together will that give me a wired backhaul for the troublesome area of the house?

Alternatively I have an old R7000 sitting around, is that any use?  I'm just trying to solve the issue without a wholesale system replacement.   Any ideas appreciated.

First, Zoom bandwidth warnings are not likely to be caused by the Orbi WiFi network.  When I Google "Zoom bandwidth warning", most of the suggestions have to do with (a) managing the Zoom session, or (b) the ISP bandwidth.

Yes, you can connect another access point to the Orbi router (or satellite) using an ethernet cable, but this will result in two WiFi networks, (a) the Orbi and (b) this second access point.  The R7000 could be connected as an access point, or another Orbi could be connected.  Either way, they will not "expand" the original Orbi network.  The need for an ethernet connection is critical.  On the other hand, another RBS10 could be used to expand the Orbi network over WiFi, maintaining the Orbi "mesh" and not requiring an ethernet connection.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7