Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK13 - Samsung TV disconnection

routerks
Tutor

RBK13 - Samsung TV disconnection

Hi,

i have installed RBK13 recently and connected my samsung tv wirelessly as I donot have enough ethernet ports at the back of the router.  After connecting wireleslly i see the TV is disconnecting frequently.  When I searched in google the issue is because of having one band (2.4 and 5 together) and we use the same SSID for both.

Is there any way we can use a static IP for the TV to avoid issues or any ethernet splitter that works to split my one ethernet port at the back to multiple ot use wired connection for the TV.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBK13 - Samsung TV disconnection

@routerks wrote:

i have installed RBK13 recently and connected my samsung tv wirelessly as I donot have enough ethernet ports at the back of the router.  After connecting wireleslly i see the TV is disconnecting frequently.  When I searched in google the issue is because of having one band (2.4 and 5 together) and we use the same SSID for both.

Is there any way we can use a static IP for the TV to avoid issues or any ethernet splitter that works to split my one ethernet port at the back to multiple ot use wired connection for the TV.

The television disconnecting probably has nothing to do with having the same SSID on both bands.  Once the TV connects (at all), it should remain connected.  There is some other issue.

Yes, any device can be "assigned" to always have the same IP address using the Orbi web interface, Advanced Ta-> Setup-< LAN setup.

There are dozens of inexpensive gigabit switches priced under $25 that can be connected to the single ethernet port on the back of the RBR10 router:

On Amazon, searc for "5-port gigabit ethernet unmanaged switch".  I (personally) would stick with a major brand, such as D-Link ($22.99), TP-Link ($14.99), Trendnet($14.99), Zyxel ($19.99), Netgear ($14.99).  The cost difference between 5 and 8 port switches is so little that I never buy fewer than 8-ports.  (As a certified Nerd, it's also part of my self-image.)

Message 2 of 3
routerks
Tutor

Re: RBK13 - Samsung TV disconnection

Hi,

Thanks for providing theinfomation about the setup "Yes, any device can be "assigned" to always have the same IP address using the Orbi web interface, Advanced Ta-> Setup-< LAN setup."

hope you are referring to the 'Address Reservation' tab in Advanced -->Setup --> LAN Setup. 

I will try this setup today.  

It is really helpful to provide the information about ethernet switches anf I ordered a 5 port Tlink switch as a backup.  

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7