Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK13 Switching between satellites causes Authentication Error

dmulder
Tutor

RBK13 Switching between satellites causes Authentication Error

I just bought an RBK13 (router with 2 satellites). I would contact support, but the support site is down! I'm having a problem where our cell phones (Moto G6 and G6 Power) disconnect and display a Authentication Error when switching between satellites. I've tried a few suggestions on the forum. I've enabled beam forming, and disabled daisy-chain. I tried setting static ip addresses for the devices, to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Message 1 of 6
dmulder
Tutor

I just tried disabling the SSID broadcast for the 2.4GHz network (another suggestion I found on this forum). So far everything is staying connected. Hard to say if this fixed it, since the disconnects were pretty random.

Message 2 of 6
dmulder
Tutor

After about an hour, it started kicking devices off again. Clearly turning off the 2.4GHz SSID broadcast didn't make a difference.

Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@dmulder wrote:

After about an hour, it started kicking devices off again. Clearly turning off the 2.4GHz SSID broadcast didn't make a difference.

Can you please describe more about what happens.  Does a phone produce the error only when it changes location?

Can you upload a screen shot of the error message?

(Use the "Browse" button in the lower left of the edit screen.  Images placed "in-line" using the Photos icon in the menu bar do not appear to other users until approved by a forum moderator, which can take hours - or days.)

Are any other devices affected besides the two phones?

Message 4 of 6
dmulder
Tutor

Turned out it was a problem with one of the satellites. Reseting the satellite fixed the problem (thanks to support for that!)

Message 5 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

If you mark the Post "solved", I will not be tempted to open it (again and again.  attention span of zero)

Plus, you get credit for figuring out the solution.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7