Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK13 smart bulb disconnected or unresponsive

striker69
Star

RBK13 smart bulb disconnected or unresponsive

Trying To Use Smart Bulb And I Keep Getting Bulb Is Offline. When I First Installed The Orbi Router It Was Working Fine, Don't Know Why It Stopped. I've Since Uninstalled The Bulbs And Now Having Trouble Re-installing. I've Tried Shutting Off The Satellite's To No Avail. I Have Two Smart Bulbs And Two Smart Plugs I Can No Longer Use.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Would help to know the brand of smart bulb and smart plug (same? different?)

Message 2 of 8
striker69
Star

First Thanks For Your Reply, The Smart Bulbs Are Geeni And Smart Plugs Are Jinvoo. I Did Contact Support And They Had Me Try A Few Things. Smart Bulbs Connected But Not Working Through Alexa Even Though Alexa Notified Me They Were Connected. Living room Works, Bedroom Not Supported. They Both Work Through The Geeni App.

Message 3 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Thanks. The problem with Geeni smart bulbs is Alexa integration, which does not sound like an "Orbi issue" since the bulbs work correctly with the Geeni app.

What is the issue with the Jinvoo smart plugs?

Message 4 of 8
striker69
Star

I Haven't Tried The Plugs, I Was Waiting To See If The Bulbs Work. Plus The Plugs Are Used For Christmas Stuff.

Message 5 of 8
striker69
Star

Turns Out Alexa Didn't Like The "Bedroom" Label, Changed It To Lamp And Now It's Working.

Message 6 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Alexa is a prude? Oh, my.

Message 7 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

The Jinvoo Smart Outlet came this morning.  Reasonably priced. ($8.95 for one, $17.55 for two). Found the Android "app" confusing.  This plug has two setup modes (Quick Connect and Access Point).  Smart phone connected to Orbi at 5G. 

First, "Smart Plug" is not one of the categories of Jinvoo devices.  It is under "Lighting". (a frequent use of a smart plug, but 'sigh')

Quick Connect did not find the plug.

Switched plug to AP mode (hold power button for 5 seconds).  The instructions said to identify the device and click on AP, but AP does not appear to be a choice.  (The Jinvoo WiFi AP did actually appear on my smartphone.)  Put in Orbi SSID/password and in a few seconds, plug is "found".  Updated software.  App turns it on and off, etc.  Did not test schedules or Alexa/Google integration. They probably work.

It's a bit "weird looking". Not symmetrical. Covers the plug and then hangs over to the left. Maybe this is peculiar to the US style electrical plug?

I remain partial to the "name brand" smart plugs (Aukey, Eufy, Kasa, Leviton, Wyze).  Some of the brands I bought in 2019 are no longer sold.  The key is to stick with one brand if possible.  If the lighting is Geeni and smart plugs are Jinvoo, that is two smartphone apps. already.  I guess if they all "work with Alexa" (or Google) only the person installing them has to keep track of which app goes with which device. Everybody else can just say the command.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7